Top Options for Genital Warts Treatment in Men and Women
Get informed: Whatever you call them Vaginal warts, Penile warts or Anal warts. Just 5 minutes can make you learn how to get rid of genital warts naturally in the privacy of your home!!
Genital warts is a awkward problem and can cause embarrassment and suffering without effective treatment. Further, in the absence of proper medical intervention HPV genital warts can grow large enough to obstruct the vaginal, urethral or rectal openings in individuals with weak immune system. One also runs the risk of having multiple eruptions which looks horrible.
There are lots of options available in the market but it is difficult to conclude which therapy would work the best for your situation. All of the medications, prescription drugs, over the counter remedies and self proclaimed miracle cures claim to use “best-quality ingredients” and “highest strength” formulas.
That’s where this website comes in. GenitalWartsTreatmentReviews.com is one of the internet’s leading resources for information on top rated genital warts treatments for both male and female sufferers. To prevent the need for annoying trial and error attempts that the majority of men and women often face, our experts have thoroughly researched the market and picked the most popular and result oriented solutions. These remedies help treat the condition effectively without causing any side effects.
To uncover prudent info on the best treatment for genital warts we follow this method:
Expert Research: Our team of experts cautiously analyzed prescription and non prescription genital warts treatment creams, pills, home remedies, surgical techniques and then graded it based on our six-point criterion:
|1. Extent of Relief||4. Potency of Ingredients|
|2. Safety||5. Long-Term Benefits or Risks|
|3. Chances of Recurrence||6. User Experience|
Want to know what was found to be the most successful?
Below you will find top two OTC solutions that we believe offer a lot better results than other remedies as per our in depth investigation. We didn’t list more just to avoid you from over analysis. Moreover the other formulations were not very consistent in results.
#2 Prescription Drugs for Treating Genital Warts
Although there is no cure for warts caused by the human papilloma virus, your doctor may prescribe a medication designed to alleviate the symptoms associated with the disease.
- Podofilox: The brand name of this drug is Condylox. It’s a topical well tolerated ointment that works to prohibit the growth of the cells that cause the warts to appear on the body. For it to be effective, you must use the medication according to a strict dosing schedule. Apply it twice per day for 3 days and then stop for 4 days. Continue this schedule until the warts disappear.
- Imiquimod: This is another topical medication that is known by the brand names Aldara and Zyclara. In addition to warts, it is used to treat actinic keratosis and mild forms of skin cancer. Like podofilox, you must adhere to a strict dosing schedule. Use once per day for 14 days and then discontinue use for 14 days.
Like almost all pharmaceutical drugs, these medications can cause side effects. For example, podofilox can cause skin irritation, bleeding, blistering, scaring, unpleasant odor, and pain during sex. Imiquimod can cause changes in skin color in the treated area, cold sores, fever blisters, vaginal itching or discharge, and cold-like symptoms such as sneezing and sore throat.
#3 Chemical Options
Salicylic acid is extracted from the bark of the willow tree. It has a number of medicinal uses as a fever reducer, liniment, and acne treatment. More commonly, it’s used as a chemical peeling agent that causes the skin to shed its outer layer.
It’s used in many brand name wart remedies such as Compound W, Dr Scholl’s Clear Away Wart Remover, Salac, and Wart-Off Treatment. The medication is applied topically 1 to 2 times per day until the warts go away. Because of the way salicylic acid works, you must avoid harsh cleansers and astringents or risk aggravating the skin. Side effects associated with this treatment include skin irritation, redness, peeling, stinging, and dryness.
#4 Surgical Options
If you don’t want to wait for medication to work, there are several surgical options at your disposal that can get rid of genital warts fast, almost immediately.
- Liquid Nitrogen Cryosurgery: In this treatment, liquid nitrogen is used to freeze the warts which are then scraped off the affected area.
- Laser Ablation: A laser is used to cut away the warts. This remedy is generally reserved for dealing with a large number of warts.
- Electrocauterization: Warts are burned away using a cauterization tool.
These surgeries are typically performed on an outpatient basis in a doctor’s office using local anesthesia. Although they are considered minor surgery, they aren’t without their risks. You may experience pain, discharge, swelling, itching, and unusual urination. The doctor may not recommend certain surgical options for pregnant women, and none of them prevent the warts from returning. If you don’t have insurance, you will have to pay out of pocket for the treatment which can cost thousands of dollars.
#5 At Home Remedies for Genital Warts
There are a couple of natural remedies that can be helpful in managing outbreaks.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Some people swear by apple cider vinegar while other people experienced mixed results. To use this natural substance to treat your warts, soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar and tape to the warts. Let sit overnight. In the morning, cleanse the area using an antiseptic soap.
- Tea Tree Oil: This essential herbal oil has antiseptic properties that help heal and eradicate the warts. You can apply the oil directly to the affected area or add a cup of it to hot bath water and soak in it for 20 minutes.
While natural remedies like the two above are generally safer, there is no clinical data that they get rid of the warts. If you are looking for a quick and painless way to remove genital warts, it’s best to consider other options listed above.
If you’ve ever tried any prescription medication or over the counter solution to clear warts in the past, we encourage you to leave feedback on contact page. Your feedback is really crucial to help us learn about the therapy you used and the results you achieved.